BRILLION, Wis. – Known for its prowess for building premium outdoor power equipment, Ariens Company is adding to its equipment offerings with a new line of walk-behind mowers under the Ariens brand.
“We're back in the walk business and in a big way,” said Andy Massignan, Director of Product for the Residential Market at AriensCo. “Our 21-inch walk mowers were designed by the AriensCo Team from the ground up using every bit of knowledge to create a premium product for those who may never need to step up to a zero-turn mower.”
The Ariens RAZOR has the power and versatility for consumers to get the job done quickly and easily. Each model has a deep steel deck for better mulching and more durability. Consumers can mulch, bag, or disperse clippings because the RAZOR mows the way the individual wants to mow.
“This is a brand-new design bringing excellent cut quality while adding a premium feel and features backed by best-in-class warranties because our name is riding on it,” said Nicholas Ariens, executive vice president of the Americas Region for AriensCo. “This is a natural extension for us. We have many consumers who love our Ariens Sno-Thros® but wish we had a walk mower because they don’t have a large lawn. With this line, we can meet that need.”
Walk-behind mowers are a seminal product in the outdoor power equipment industry reaching 80% of homeowners whose lawns do not require a zero-turn mower.
The four-model RAZOR lineup includes a push, a front wheel drive self-propelled, a rear-wheel-drive self-propelled model with REFLEX™ speed control technology, and a high-end REFLEX™ model featuring a dual cutting blade with LaserEdge® Eversharp™ self-sharpening technology.
All models feature:
- Powerful Briggs & Stratton® Engines – Large displacement engines designed to tackle the toughest jobs.
- 3-in-1 Design to Mow Your Way – This versatile machine quickly converts between mulching, bagging, or rear discharge.
- Deep, Steel Decks – 5.5 inches deep to deliver superior mulching results with 14-gauge steel strength.
- Dual Lever Height Adjustment – Quickly changes between seven positions from one- to four-inch heights.
- Quick Adjust Folding Handlebar – Three positions to fit operators of all heights with a simple turn of the knob. Handle can also be folded forward and locked to store.
- Large Bagger with Dust Block – Two-bushel bagger carries more and reduces overall mowing time.
- Front Bumper Handle – Comfortable, integrated handle helps with lifting and moving.
- Two-Year Limited Residential Warranty on the engine – Plus, three-year limited warranties on certain models.
The RAZOR models with REFLEX also include premium features:
- Pistol Grip Handlebar with Comfort Grip provides neutral positioning to ensure longer mow time, while comfort grips eliminate pinch points.
- REFLEX™ Self-Propelled Rear Wheel Drive speed control technology matches the mower’s speed to your pace between one- and four-MPH.
- Vertical Storage – Engines on these models include the Briggs & Stratton Mow ‘N Stow® feature allowing for the mower to be stored vertically, saving floor space.
- Four-Year Limited Residential Warranty on the machine. Two-year limited residential warranty on the engine.
“We designed the RAZOR to take the work out of yard work,” said Massignan.
The RAZOR line-up will be available beginning in Spring 2023 at Ariens Dealers in the United States and Canada as well as retail stores including Fleet Farm, Lowe’s, Northern Tool & Equipment and True Value in select markets.
Ariens® is the original brand of AriensCo, headquartered in Brillion, WI. Established in 1933, AriensCo is a privately-owned global manufacturer of outdoor power equipment and provides service and product support from its RapidCareTM division. Ariens is the King of Snow®, a title earned for its full line of Sno-Thros® with more than 4 million snow blowers produced since 1960. Ariens is the #1 selling brand of two-stage Sno-Thros® in the world. Our machines are passed down from one generation to the next. The brand also features a full line of residential zero-turn lawn mowers available at major dealers nationally. Designed and manufactured in the United States, Ariens delivers best-in-class quality and performance because only Ariens commits the personal, organizational, and manufacturing resources to ensure everything that leaves the factory floor is worthy of bearing the Ariens name. For more information, visit www.ariens.com.